Sunday, April 18, 2010

Senator Frerichs Office Week Twelve

The General Assembly is in Spring Recess for the next two weeks. Senator Frerich's has taken this opportunity to take a family vacation and thus will be out of the office for the duration of this week. This week has been relatively quiet in the office; except for a few minor details.

As usual I began my week checking through the inbox to see which correspondence I could write a reply email. Thereafter, I worked to clear the newspapers awaiting clipping on the back counter and then after turned my attention to constituent correspondence.

Ironically, mid-day I realized that something terribly wrong had happened to my office computer. The files which I normally save to the desktop had been cleared. I could not find the files at all. Too, numerous error messages had popped up in the morning, but I guess I just choose to disregard them. On top of it, my computer would not print any documents. It was as if my computer was a dead fish floating in water.

This severely limited my ability to do work the remainder of the day as other part-time interns were using the other computers. I would draft correspondence and send to the inbox to be printed by others as needed.

Tuesday, with the office in good shape I turned my attention to a number of constituent issues which needed to be addressed or needed follow-up. Of course, constituent casework varies.

Wednesday and Thursday was a general repeat of Monday, Tuesday, as I tried to keep the office in great shape. At week's end I wondered what work would be left to do when I returned to the office next week. Of course, some sort of work can always be mustered up.

No comments:

Post a Comment