Saturday, June 5, 2010

Senator Michael Frerichs Office Week Twenty

Monday May 31st, 2010:

Office Closed: Observance of Memorial Day

Tuesday June 1st, 2010:

Today served as my last day in the office until June 21st. On Wednesday, June 3rd, I will undergo a minor surgery on my Achilles tendon of my left leg. I am cleared by the office to remain on medical leave until the 21st of June.

Last week, the office was environment was a bit hectic. Our new summer intern, Sarah, had to leave early in the week due to a death in the family. I finished my workweek on Tuesday as I was attending a charity event in Chicago for the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday night. I returned to Champaign on Thursday evening with the belief that I would be working on Friday in the office. However, at 7:45 p.m. on Thursday night just shortly after I had arrived back in Champaign I received a text from our Chief of Staff Laurie that the office would be closed on Friday/Monday in observance of Memorial Day.

Since I knew I would be leaving the office early next week for medical leave I decided to go into the office briefly throughout the weekend to work on minimal projects: newspaper clippings, emails etc. to ensure that the office would not fall behind in my absence.

However, much work still remained upon return to the office on Tuesday morning. The majority of the day in the office was spent working tirelessly on newspaper clippings, emails, and constituent correspondence, which needed to be completed before I left. Although I had not completed all that needed to be done prior to my departure on Tuesday, I made sure that those in the office knew of the status of all of my open cases etc. that may receive correspondence during my absence.

June 1st, 2010- June 4th, 2010:

Medical Leave: Surgery (Northwestern Memorial) Dr. Kelikian

No comments:

Post a Comment