Friday, May 7, 2010

State Senator Michael Frerichs Week 15

Although I had anticipated a busy week in the office it appears once again it will be a slow week in the district office. This week has been another short week in the office as I had to travel to Chicago Wednesday evening in order to attend a doctor's appointment on Thursday afternoon in downtown Chicago. As expected, I will have a repeat of a surgery which I had at the age of 10 which will help to correct the effects CP has had with my walking stride. Ultimately, it is best as it will prevent any major issues later in life. Therefore, expect a two week sabbatical from all blog posts June 3rd-June 21st as I recover and rehabilitate.

The week in the district office has been absolutely dead. Many of our interns finished their open projects. Our Chief of Staff Laurie was out of the office most of the week ill. Therefore, I made the executive decision to send many of the interns home early to allow them further time to prepare for finals as our office was in great shape with no constituent letters which we could respond to in the box, emails were down, and newspapers clippings were complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment